Back to Events
18 September - 1 October 12
67th United Nations General Assembly
New York, USA
Heads of state from around the globe, including Presidents, Kings and Prime Ministers, will gather in New York from Wednesday, 19 to Friday, 28 September 2012 to address the 67th meeting of the United Nations General Assembly. U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says the Syrian crisis will top the agenda of the GA gathering of world leaders. Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who insists his country's nuclear program is peaceful, will address the assembly on Sept. 26. Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has accused Iran of trying to build a nuclear arsenal, takes the podium on Sept. 27.
To aid your coverage, Global Media Services can offer a range of broadcast facilities from New York, including:
AP's New York Bureau:
* AP New York bureau newsroom position.
* AP New York bureau rooftop position.
* Studio with live backdrop inside the UN building.
* Live stand-up positions outside the UN headquarters.
* Workspace with full editorial support.
* Multi format tape playout facilities.
* Editing (linear and non-linear).
* Access to AP News video and pool material.
* International delivery via AP's satellite and fibre network.