Back to Events
17 October 08
United Nations: Security Council Election
New York, USA
On 17 October 2008 the General Assembly will elect five nations to serve two-year stints on the Security Council. Along with the race between Iran and Japan for an Asian seat, two Western European seats will be chosen in a race among Austria, Iceland and Turkey. Uganda, representing Africa, and Mexico, representing Latin America, have been running unopposed.
To aid your coverage, Global Media Services can offer a range of broadcast facilities from the United Nations and from our New York bureau, including:
* Live stand-up position (from Press Island with a backdrop of the United Nations).
* Live stand-up position (from AP's New York bureau with a backdrop of midtown Manhattan).
* Chromakey studio (with a backdrop of midtown Manhattan).
* Multi-format tape playout facilities.
* Editing available on request.
* International delivery via AP's satellite and fibre network.
To book or request a ratecard, please use the buttons below.